January 13, 2011

Ammy - Singalong With Brockeim (parody of Barry Manilow's "Mandy")

Ammy
(severe apologies to Barry Manilow)

I remember all my life
Readin' stuff -- Capote's In Cold Blood
Pope's Essay on Man
(Saw Hitchcock's Rear Window)
Readin' in the night
The night goes into
Mornin', just another day
Bookless people pass my way
Lookin' in their eyes
I see no memories
I never realized
How happy you made me, oh Ammy

CHORUS

Well I logged on, browsed without buyin'
And you took me away, oh Ammy
Well, you sold me and stopped me from spyin'
I bought from you today, oh Ammy
Flipping through my shelf at home
Walked away with a best-loved tome
Sucked up in a book of brain primin'
Thoughts now are in my mind
And nothing is rhymin', oh Ammy

Amazon.com $50 Gift Card (0109)CHORUS

Your site's just a dream
I face the mornin'
Loggin' on all pleased
Amland is callin', oh Ammy

CHORUS

Well I logged on, browsed without buyin'
And you took me away, oh Ammy
Well, you sold me and stopped me from spyin'
I bought from you today, oh Ammy



Who Is Ammy?
Ammy is a nickname for amazon.com used fondly on the reviewer discussion board there.

Barry Manilow wrote many of songs that surround my generation. He wasn't a Bob Dylan revolutionary or a Rolling Stones rebel. Mostly, he sang (and sings) love songs. Fans of Neil Diamond, Olivia Newton-John, the Carpenters have all enjoyed Barry Manilow.

I shop at amazon.com frequently, as do many of you reading this. "Ammy" is my tribute, if you will, to this wonderful site. It isn't the only online bookstore, nor does it have everything. It has plenty, and I like it.

I hope you enjoy my parody.

--Brockeim

No comments: