December 16, 2007

Excellent to Filter Coffee, and Suitable Toy Army Parachute: review Coffee Filters 12 Cup


We stood looking downward from the garage roof. At no time were we ever supposed to be there, but there we were, my friend Brian and I, staring toward our mark, 12 feet down.

Our man was tied and secured. Red yarn pilfered from my mom's sewing basket cut into short pieces made the ropes connecting man to chute. In this case, one green plastic soldier was safely attached to one white Bunn filter. Brighter than most 10 year-olds, we used hole reinforcers to diminish the risk of tearing the delicate paper.

The testing of our Gerry-rigged parachute was foregone for the greater purpose of expedient fun. Our error. The soldier dropped quickly, with little resistance provided by the coffee filter, and bounced, all the while tethered.

Kuge, Kenny Tamayama's cat, happened to be passing by. Thought he saw a mouse, I guess, and afforded the plastic soldier an ignominious dismemberment. No blood was spilt, but our soldier did not survive.

To the end met by the soldier, I said farewell with a fast salute, but could not mourn his loss. I had a 100 more just like him, each willing to serve. I am haste to also say, the filter's parachute potential merely required more R&D, and worked nicely sans cat, thinner yarn, and more connections. And now, as a coffee drinker, have found it also useful for my office coffeemaker.

--Brockeim

No comments: