November 03, 2008

Helps Remind Birthdays and Coffee Dates at 'TH DAIRY' review: Fire Engine Fun Toothpick Candle Set

Helps Remind Birthdays and Coffee Dates at 'TH DAIRY'
Fire Engine Fun Toothpick Candle Set
TH DAIRY. That's what I needed. Just seven letters, but I had eight, plus a firefighter hat. An 'E' would have been a nice touch, but ultimately unimportant for my uses.

I had no pencil, no paper, but I had a lighter and these candles, and a need to remember where I was to meet my dear Nancy for coffee in the morning. Our plans changed with the falling rain, taking us from a sunny autumn walk in the woods, to a Saturday in a coffee shop. She called Friday evening during a weekend-long storm, told me quickly as the power went out, and my cell phone coincidentally died.

I lit the 'B' and arranged the remaining letters to spell TH DAIRY, short for "The Java and Dairy Co.," a cafe with booths designed to look like cow stalls. When the morning shone light on everything, I wanted to remember.

We met, and lingered through French roast, as the rain poured down the window, until the clouds broke at noon.

When the electricity goes out, and no birthday is in sight, consider using the letters to remind you of the chance to meet your love.

--Brockeim

No comments: