May 04, 2009

Ode to the Death of the Ammy Discussion Board

Looking at what might be an inglorious end of a glorious discussion board... the Amazon.com (Ammy) Reviewer's Discussion Board, a song comes to mind.

My first review was awful, not fitting my personality. It took awhile to find my voice, and with my November 5, 2002 review of Slim-Fast (reposted last July), I think I found it. The board encouraged me, so, to which I say thanks. To say thanks properly requires something a bit maudlin.

Light up, pour a bourbon, and imagine Frank Sinatra is gracing the stage. The ride's not over, and I'm not going until they kick me out.

Ode to the Death of the Ammy Discussion Board
parody of "One More for My Baby... and One More for the Road"
severe apologies to Harold Arlen and Johnny Mercer

I'm glad I can see,
We're still on the board... here's to you and to me
So set em up guys
I got a parody I think I should show.
We're reviewing, my friend
Past the end of this musical ode
So make it one page for my buddies
And one book for the road
You know the routine
Post another bit into Ammy's machine
We're feeling so bad
I'll make the tale easy though sad
I could tell you a lot
But that'd bore long after they've closed
So make it one page for my buddies
And one book for the road
You'd never know it
But buddy I'm a kind of poet
And I've got a lot of things I wanna say
Am I gloomy? Drink some of my coffee
Till it's all, all posted away
Well, that's how it goes
(To Russ*... you oughtta know that this really blows)
But thanks for the votes
I hope you didn't mind
My posting of notes.
But this Slim-Fast that I found
It's gotta be downed.
To you -- my cup's overflowed...
So make it five stars for my buddies
And one book for the road.
--Brockeim
say it ain't so...
now posted as an Amazon guide: Ode to the Death of the Ammy Discussion Board





* Russ, the guy who manages the discussion board on behalf on Amazon.

No comments: