October 31, 2009

My Favorite Snacks (My Favorite Things parody)

My Favorite Snacks (My Favorite Things parody)
severe apologies to Mary Martin Julie Andrews who both sang the original beautifully, and to Rodgers and Hammerstein, who wrote it.

Cold beer and Cheetos, and pizza and peanuts,
Hot cappuccinos and chocolate til I chuck
Salted fresh pretzels, and sausage with mustard
These are a few of my favorite snacks.

Cream in my coffee and crispy fat bacon
Cookies with chips all through to the edges
Syrup on pancakes dripping with butter
These are a few of my favorite snacks.

Chili on hot dogs, piled high with cheese fries
Cereal straight from the box, next to the couch.
Greasy but tasty foods with plenty of sugar
These are a few of my favorite snacks.

When I'm a dog-tired, when I'm dead broke
When my team loses bad
I simply go to the fridge
grab a favorite snack
and then I don't feel so mad.

No comments: