November 29, 2009

Chocolate Truffle Coffee Brightens a Tired Sunday Morning: Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle Ground Coffee, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 3) review

Chocolate Truffle Coffee Brightens a Tired Sunday Morning
Gevalia Dark Chocolate Truffle Ground Coffee, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 3)

After a late Saturday evening filled with considerable conversation, I awoke leery of the day. Weary and unready for daylight, I thought four cups would be enough to realize the world was still good, and they were. My home filled the sweet aroma as the coffee trickled from my machine, and the joy of caffeinated consciousness arrived in full force within moments of sipping. Sunday morning's mercy opened to the freshly ground kindness of Gevalia Kaffe: Dark Chocolate Truffle.

The beans were finely ground, and so fewer spoons of it were needed than for my usual preparation for drip coffee. It should be a suitable grind for espresso.

Darker than an unflavored coffee, the Gevalia presented a strong, completely chocolate coffee taste. Truly as advertised, it reminded me of chocolate truffles I buy at a shop in a train station. On its own, I found the coffee more intense than I prefer, though modest amounts of sugar and cream mitigated it into pleasure.

May your mornings be lifted by the alert fragrance and flavor of chocolate truffle coffee by Gevalia.

--Brockeim


No comments: