January 20, 2010

Haiti Suffers 6.1 Aftershock... One Way to Give

Haiti, as you may know, has suffered another earthquake, this time a 6.1 aftershock. I'm not clear what the difference between an aftershock and a regular earthquake, but, to the people of Haiti, this doesn't matter.

As many of you who follow me on Twitter and elsewhere are aware, I am donating 100% of all proceeds from my Brockeim-related websites to World Relief. That means every penny coming through here from January 1 to the last day of February. Ad clicks from Google, and Amazon purchases. If you are buying from Amazon anyway, consider this.

If you have money to give, consider giving to World Relief directly. http://wr.org. Or, look at one of the other great organizations. I am also a fan of World Vision but there are others you can trust.

I am blessed beyond what this site offers me financially, and so it is easy to do this. In mid-March, I'll look at the numbers and write a check, and then add some more.

Haiti is not the only need in this world. As winter, as it does in Brockeimia, gets colder, the homeless will need shelter and food in ways harsher than the summer.

No comments: