January 26, 2010

Slices Through Phyllo Dough and Time: Tom Douglas by Pinzon Kai 7-Inch Stainless-Steel Santoku Knife reviewed

Slices Through Phyllo Dough and Time
Tom Douglas by Pinzon Kai 7-Inch Stainless-Steel Santoku Knife

The day was late, what could I do? In just hours, I would be surrounded by eager, hungry artists, and coming up empty would not work. With an empty cupboard, solutions seemed few. Around the corner was a shop that could help. When four kinds of baklava are the result of fervent foraging at a bakery, I can be pleased. Almost.

The sticky phyllo flaked with a touch, but my Pinzon Kai 7-Inch Stainless-Steel Santoku Knife found the space, and divided each piece. She barely rocked, but her action was strong. Not heavy, not thick... she was all the knife I needed. Quickly cutting, my task ended in seconds, and the baklava looked better for it.

The knives found in the best restaurant may outslice mine, but my drawer needs no other to get me through my daily needs. Kitchen products are not about themselves, but what they produce, and this night, a dozen artists, and then some, were fed contently. That's all that mattered.

May your pastries be as divvied and your guests be as refreshed as swiftly as mine with this knife.

--Brockeim



No comments: