February 03, 2011

Colorful Paperclip Secures Sundry Files and Envelopes: ACCO Nylon Coated Jumbo Paper Clips, 150 Clips Per Box, 1 Box, Assorted Colors (72520) by ACCO

ACCO Nylon Coated Jumbo Paper Clips, 150 Clips Per Box, 1 Box, Assorted Colors (72520)

Nancy arrived at the cafe where I often write. She sat down. We might have talked for hours as we often would. We didn't. She meekly smiled, opened my black notebook (which I brought out of habit), and fastened an envelope with a paperclip. She whispered something as she left.

Sleek, carefully curved, and firm, the pink clip held tight the crisp envelope inside. These paperclips we used at work when we first met. Nancy introduced herself one morning last year as my editor. I gave her an article draft, and she clipped it inside a manila folder. Conversation followed. The next few months were beautiful.

Now, Nancy edits elsewhere. The envelope and paperclip are still secured. Never rusting, the clip's vinyl covering protects the paper from dark ruddy stains. This one paperclip holds the balance of memories. Until I open the envelope, her letter says what I like. I expect this to continue.

The box contains 150 paperclips of all colors, which, for any office, is not enough, but for the casual home desk, might do.

May your rough drafts, envelopes from lovers, and sundry office files be properly organized with ACCO Nylon Coated Paper Clips.

--Brockeim

No comments: