February 04, 2011

Tasty, But Underwhelming Cereal on a Frozen February Morning: Crunchy Nut Roasted Nut and Honey, 10.8-Ounce (Pack of 4) reviewed

"February made me shiver," sang Don McLean when remembering our loss of Buddy Holly. As a blizzard moved into the Midwest this February, and freezing temperatures took over, the shivering started.

Proper planning would have supplied me with a broader range of food before the storm, but... that's the thing. I didn't. Snowed in, I could not leave. The United States Postal Service, however, was undaunted, however, and left the box of Crunchy Nut Roasted Nut and Honey at my doorstep, thanks to Amazon.com. Though not starving, I appreciated the newness of the cereal, different from my usual Cheerios, Apple Jacks and raisin bran. Would it be different enough to add to my routine?

Like as when manna came for the Israelites, I gave thanks. While watching "The Thin Man" series the next morning, I ate the cereal dry (as I usually do), reaching into the box as if it were popcorn.

What's In A Name?

American Pie* The crunch: loud and grinding, much like the sound of a dog eating a Milk Bone.

* The roasted nut: reminiscent of other cereal peanut butter flavors.

* The honey: I never tasted honey. I tasted a sweet undertone, but not distinctly honey.

* The 10.8 ounces: One box. It took three movies to finish.

I enjoyed the Crunchy Nut Roasted Nut and Honey, but cannot say I found it distinguished from any other cereal. The flavor is underwhelming, but adequate. I may have it in rotation, but it will not be a staple. May your coldest days be warmer with a good breakfast, excellent mail delivery, and Myrna Loy.

--Brockeim

No comments: