March 01, 2011

My Blue Pen Writes Well on All Occasions: Foray® Retractable Ballpoint Pens, 1.0 mm, Medium Point, Assorted Barrel, Blue Ink, Pack Of 12 review

Foray® Retractable Ballpoint Pens, 1.0 mm, Medium Point, Assorted Barrel, Blue Ink, Pack Of 12The Foray Ballpoint Pen is just a pen. Blue ink. Retractable. 1.0 mm (standard if not thin). Just like it says. Mine is the blue one.

I carry this pen with me wherever. Where I was, where I remember, where Nancy and I met is where I think of now: in a cafe in the upstairs of a bookstore where we talked of poetry. I took notes, read her poems. The ink never failed me.

The pen is here now on my desk as I write. Still full of ink. Comfortable to hold. It never streaks or skips. It will write other things. I will remember what it once wrote.

I knew soon after we connected, when I realized we connected, heartbreak was the only end. Heartbreak starts when the end is in sight, and it was always in sight.

So I am sad because I cannot pretend, because I cannot smile and think my smile is true. It could never really be, but I smiled anyway. I was happy.

I am sad we will not have tea the way we had tea and talk about the construct of a poem. But I will still write, and likely, the Foray Ballpoint Pen will be the one I use.

--Brockeim

Foray® Retractable Ballpoint Pens, 1.0 mm, Medium Point, Assorted Barrel, Blue Ink, Pack Of 12

No comments: